International Students-九州体育平台入口
Skip to main content

Crafton Hills College is certified by the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to enroll non-immigrant F-1 students. If you are an international student holding or seeking an F-1 Visa and are interested in applying to Crafton Hills College (CHC), we encourage you to apply by May 1st for the Fall semester, or by November 1st for the Spring Semester.

Important Information for F-1 International Students:

  • Must enroll in a minimum of twelve (12) units per semester (Spring and Fall semesters) to maintain full-time status for their F-1 visa but may choose to enroll in more than twelve (12) units at current non-resident rate per unit. Enrolling in summer courses is optional.
  • Must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA at all times
  • Maintain a current passport valid for at least six months into the future at all times
  • Request authorization from DSO before dropping below full-time enrollment
  • Report all address changes within 10 days
  • Report a change in program of study to Designated School Official (DSO) and request a new I-20
  • Request transferring to another accredited school as soon as possible
  • Request travel signature before you depart the US
  • Request an I-20 Extension at least two weeks before the program end date
  • Maintain valid medical insurance during your attendance at the college
    CURRENT F-1 VISA students must also provide:
  • Transfer release from previous instituition.
  • Appropriate immigration documents

Application Deadlines

Fall Semester
New/Initial Students (Outside the U.S.):     May 1 
Transfer Students (in the U.S. at a college/university, or ESL program):     July 15 
Spring Semester
New/Initial Students (Outside the U.S.):    November 1 
Transfer Students (in the U.S. at a college/university, or ESL program):    December 15 

International Student Checklist

Checkmark Icon Before you come to the United States:

In order to be considered for admission, all materials listed below must be submitted by the deadlines listed above: 

  • Application for Admission to College

    Please note that as an international student, receiving a student identification number does not guarantee admission into Crafton Hills College. 

  • International Student Application 
    Applicants must complete both the Application for Admission, and the International Student Application.

  • Declaration of Financial Support (USCIS I-134)
    All international students must provide proof of financial support for tuition, fees, books, supplies and living expenses for two academic years at the current estimated cost rate. The bank letter/statements (within the last 6 months) must be from a personal checking/savings accounts. Screenshots or transaction histories will not be accepted. 

View Estimated Cost for One Academic Year

  • Official transcripts from all high/secondary schools and colleges/universities attended. Applicants must be a high/secondary school graduate. Students who wish to receive transfer credit towards their associate degree for coursework taken at an institution outside of the United States (without U.S. regional accreditation), must follow the procedures outlined under Foreign Transcript Evaluation, found in the Current Catalog.
  • Proof of English language proficiency: If English is not an official language and an official language of instruction in your country, you must show proof of English proficiency by supplying proof of one of the following items.
    • Official TOEFL (Crafton Hills College Institute Code is 4126) with a minimum of a 61 Internet Based Test (IBT) score issued within the last two (2) years,
    • Official IELTS with a minimum of a 5.5, or
    • U.S. F-1 Transfer Students (only) may provide regionally accredited college or university official transcript(s) showing proof of successful completion of a college level English writing with a grade of C or better.

  • A copy of passport identification page.

  • One recent passport sized photograph.

  • $25 non-refundable Crafton Hills College application fee. Application fee can be paid in person at Crafton Hills College Admissions & Records office by a relative or friend, in the form of a check or money order made payable to Crafton Hills College.

  • Parent or Guardian Authorization (Students Under Age 18) 
    Students under the age of 18 years must submit a Parent or Guardian Authorization.

Submit Packet to:

The Application for Admission must be submitted online. All other items listed above must be sent as a packet to:

Crafton Hills College
Attn: Counseling Department / International Students Program
11711 Sand Canyon Road
Yucaipa, CA 92399 USA

Incomplete or late applications will not be processed. Please note that all documents submitted to Crafton Hills College become the property of the college, and will not be returned to the applicant.

Processing Time:

Application processing time is up to two weeks from the date that the college receives ALL documents. You will receive email updates regarding the status of your application. After a decision has been made, you will receive your I-20 and acceptance letter. Before you schedule your Visa appointment with the U.S. Embassy, you must pay the I-901 fee, and print confirmation receipt number. For current F-1 transfer students, take your acceptance letter and transfer form to your designed school officer/international student advisor for completion. No pending reinstatement, terminated, or completed records are accepted.

Enroll in an international health insurance plan. Verification will must be provided upon enrollment to the college.

Healthcare in the U.S. is very expensive.  An operation or a couple of days of stay in a hospital can cost you thousands, even tens of thousands, of US dollars. As a result, the college requires that all international students purchase student health insurance.  The college has a clinic that teaches students how to live a healthy life and treats minor sickness such as cold or headache.  However, students who are seriously ill or injured have to see a doctor outside of the college.

Student health insurance will cover most of the cost. Insurance may be purchased from ISO International Student Insurance or other insurance companies. It must be purchased prior to the class registration period for the duration of a semester (fall semester: August through December; spring semester and summer term: January through July). Incoming international students can purchase their health insurance after arriving in the United States.

Health insurance coverage must include the following:

Medical evacuation
Repatriation of remains
Per injury/sickness maximum
Effective Date
Termination Date
Insured Person(s)

For further information about health insurance, please contact a Designated School Official.


International Student Icon After you arrive in the United States:

You must be in the local area no later than August 1 for Fall Semester and January 4 for Spring Semester.

You are responsible for finding your own housing in nearby communities. The College does not have living facilities on campus.

Obtain verification of a recent chest X-ray or skin test that indicates a negative tuberculosis test. Note: X-ray or skin test must be done in the United States. The results must be on file with the College within the first month of attendance.

When you arrive in the area contact the Counseling Center at Crafton Hills College to schedule an appointment with the International Student Counselor. 

During the appointment with the counselor, you must present your Visa, I-94, I-20, verification of negative tuberculosis test and proof of international health insurance. These documents will be copied and filed. You will also to develop a program of study or Student Educational Plan (SEP). You may be required to participate in additional assessments to assist the counselor in placing you in the correct English and mathematics courses.

Review the Class Schedule online and select courses for the appropriate term. Register for Courses on or after your appropriate Priority Registration date.

Student ID cards are required for all transactions throughout the campus (registration, drops, adds, assessment, advisement, transfer center, career center, etc.), as a library card, and for identification as a Crafton Hills College student.

Student ID Cards may be obtained through the Office of Student Life. For more information, visit the How to Get a Student ID page.

Parking Permits are required on all streets and lots at Crafton Hills College. Vehicles without parking permits are ticketed. Illegally parked vehicles (red zone, handicapped parking, staff parking) are ticketed at all times. Daily parking permits are dispensed by vending machines in each lot. Parking Permits may be purchased online via Self-Service from the Students menu. For more information, please call 909-389-3276.

Attend the First Class Meeting. Students who do not attend the first class meeting may be dropped by the instructor, and the seat given to another student on the waitlist.